INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INSURANCE SERVICES CORP (IPISC)
In your role as an Intellectual Property Insurance Sales Account Executive, you will be responsible for the prospecting of new clients and generating revenue through the closing of new business sales opportunities. This position requires successful selling of IP insurance policies directed to the enforcement and/or defense of intellectual property rights, such as patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Your ability to efficiently identify, develop, and close strategic target opportunities and prospective new client leads will be key to your continued success. The candidate will possess a proven track-record of success achieving new business sales goals as an experienced Sales Account Executive. The ideal candidate will also possess experience in the Insurance industry and/or the Intellectual Property industry.
- Competitive Base Salary Plus Generous New Business Sales Commissions with Unlimited Earning Potential!
- Remote work option available for qualified candidates.
- Work in the Growth-Oriented Field of Intellectual Property Insurance.
- Opportunity to join the Industry Leader in IP Insurance.
- Collaborate with Leading Experts in the Field of Intellectual Property Insurance.
- Opportunity to join a High-Performance Sales Team and Culture.
- Excellent and Comprehensive Health Care Benefits Package, including Medical, Vision, and Dental.
- 401K plan with Company Matching.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Education/Training Reimbursement.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays.
- Business Casual Dress.
- Free Parking and On-Campus Exercise Facility.
|Qualifications & Skills:|
- Hungry/sales-driven/new business “hunter” mentality.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written communication, verbal communication, public speaking, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with an exceptional remote work ethic, self-discipline, effective time management, and sales results-focused daily activities, which include prospecting and pipeline management of new business sales opportunities.
- Business acumen with an ability to uncover and understand client needs as determined through discovery and translate said needs into specific Intellectual Property insurance policy product offerings.
- Organized/detail-oriented with prompt/timely entry of all sales activities into a CRM tool.
- Committed to self-improvement and continuous learning.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prospect for new clients and promptly engage leads to create and develop interest in our intellectual property insurance policy product offerings and generate revenue through the successful closure of new business sales opportunities.
- Conduct routine daily outreach and proactive marketing of our IP insurance policy product offerings to brokers/agents, as well as prospective new clients and key decision-makers of strategic target entities, via telephone, email, and LinkedIn, to successfully drive new business sales and increase market awareness/share.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to brokers/agents/prospects on key solution features and benefits of our IP insurance policy product offerings, and conduct consultative value-based selling with clear return on investment (ROI) and persuasive value proposition statements when consulting with brokers/agents/prospects via telephone, email, LinkedIn, virtual product presentations, and in-person product presentations at broker/client offices, and insurance/intellectual property industry trade shows/professional association conferences.
- Drive new business sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle by collaborating with brokers/agents/prospects/cross-functional team members and proactively initiating/facilitating/coordinating movement through various stages, including prospecting, client discovery, product presentations, indications, quantitative underwriting, applications, qualitative underwriting, due diligence, term/pricing negotiations, bindable quotes with endorsements, and binding policy coverage.
- Routinely leverage a customer relationship management (CRM) tool for the creation of daily activity reports, and to facilitate prompt/timely entry of all sales activities, follow-up with prospective new/existing clients, and movement of new business sales/renewal opportunities throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Consistently achieve monthly/quarterly/annual new business sales goals and key performance objectives.
- Attend weekly sales pipeline and financial meetings to provide sales opportunity details and accurate sales financial forecasts to executive leadership. Attend weekly one-on-one meetings with the Director of Sales to review: (1) your sales performance results versus monthly/quarterly/annual new business sales goals; (2) the condition/health/robustness of your sales opportunity funnel/pipeline, if necessary, to improve future sales performance results versus goals; and (3) past/future sales activities, if necessary, to improve the condition/health/robustness of your sales opportunity funnel/pipeline.
- Stay abreast of Insurance, Intellectual Property, and High-Tech Industry news, trends, products, services, emerging technologies, high-tech companies/start-ups, competitors, and key competitive differentiators.
- A degree (e.g., Business, Marketing, Science, Law, etc.) with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience.
- Must be fluent (able to articulately speak and write) in English.
Work Experience (Required)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of prior Account Executive Sales experience with a proven track-record of success achieving new business sales goals/key performance objectives.
- Proficient/compliant with the entry of all daily sales activities into a CRM tool.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows OS based laptops/personal computers and the Microsoft Office suite of software applications (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Edge).
- Proficient in the use of LinkedIn as a social networking tool for business professionals.
- Proficient with video conferencing tools (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Zoom, ClearSlide, WebEx, or GoToWebinar).
Work Experience (Preferred)
- Prior Insurance Sales/Industry experience (or a desire and ability to quickly learn fundamental insurance concepts/principles).
- Prior Intellectual Property Industry experience (or a desire and ability to quickly learn fundamental patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret concepts/principles).
Licenses & Bar Admissions (Preferred)
- Possess an active state property and casualty license, or be able to successfully obtain the same prior to, or within 90-days from, the effective start date of employment.
- Admission to a State Bar and/or the United States Patent & Trademark Office preferred, but not required.
Corporate Headquarters/Remote Home Office
- This role is based at our corporate headquarters located in Louisville, Kentucky, with the possibility of working from an established Remote home office ideally located in an innovation hub or technology hotbed/hotspot within the United States.
- Occasional travel to the corporate headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky, as needed.
- Client business travels up to 25% of the time, as needed.
- Attend industry trade shows/professional association conferences.
- Hold a valid State driver’s license and live in close proximity to an airport for business travel.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
No Recruiter calls/emails, please.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT THEIR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO INFO@IPISC.COM.