Claims Service Specialist
STERLING THOMPSON COMPANY
Our firm is rapidly growing and we are seeking a self-motivated person who wants to join a dynamic, growing company. We are currently seeking to fulfill a full-time position. Our Claims Service Specialist will be responsible for supporting numerous areas within our Business Insurance Claims and providing exceptional customer service to our current clients.
Insurance industry or agency experience and knowledge is not required but would be a greater benefit relating to clients in the beginning for this position.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Hybrid Work Model
- Counsel clients when determining on whether or not to file a claim and how it may or may not benefit them to do so. If a claim is turned in, educating them on the process and ensuring they are aware of next steps.
- Advise the client that the assigned adjuster should reach out to them within the next 24-48 hours, once it is assigned. If they do not hear from an adjuster by then, they should let you know.
- Follow up with adjuster if contact has not been made – otherwise, check on status of submitted claim 3-5 days after submission.
- Address any questions or concerns regarding claims.
- Determine additional follow-up for a later date.
- Discuss claims concerns with carrier claim representatives.
- Provide status of claim developments to Advisors and Account Managers.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to claims.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Properly maintain and organize insured files in accordance with agency procedures.
- Accurately and regularly document all important policy details and other pertinent account information in agency management system in accordance to agency procedures manual. This includes phone calls, emails, documents, faxes, etc. associated with that client’s particular file.
- Promptly answer and return phone calls.
- Participate in team and client meetings.
- Seek ways to improve overall efficiencies and processes within the department.
- College education or equivalent insurance experience.
- Active Property & Casualty License.
- Must have a solid understanding of business insurance, terms and coverages; insurance products and usage with adequate knowledge of quoting procedures and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and onboard assigned clients and prospects.
- Ability to multi‐task and handle heavy workload with minimal supervision; able to self-check for accuracy; and independently research and analyze.
- Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines and working with shifting priorities.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others (clients, colleagues, carrier partners) to explain complex issues, interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated experience using an agency management system.
- Working knowledge of Excel to create, navigate and manipulate reports, Word, PowerPoint and E‐mail applications.
- Existing professional designations such as CPCU, CIC, AIC, AAI, etc. or pursuit thereof is a plus.
apply here or apply with indeed